If you’re reading a post about the Pinterest opportunity, you’re already ahead of the competition as most people are not aware of the big opportunity that is still here with Pinterest. Brands and creators are constantly seeking innovative ways to expand their online presence and drive sales. One often-overlooked platform that can be a game-changer for your business is Pinterest. While it may be perceived as primarily a platform for DIY enthusiasts and recipe collectors, Pinterest offers valuable opportunities for businesses to connect with their target audience, increase sales, and boost their social media presence. Let’s explore how businesses can effectively use Pinterest to make sales and drive traffic to their social media channels.
- Optimize Your Profile
The first step to success on Pinterest is to create and properly optimize your business profile. Here are some key tips:
- Complete Your Profile: Fill out your profile completely, including your business name, logo, and a concise and engaging bio.
- Verify Your Website: Pinterest allows you to verify your website, which adds credibility to your profile and enables valuable website analytics.
- Use Keywords: Incorporate relevant keywords in your profile, boards, and pin descriptions to make your content more discoverable.
- Enable Rich Pins: Rich pins provide additional information about your products, making them more appealing and informative to users.
2. Create Eye-Catching Boards
Pinterest revolves around boards, which are collections of pins centered around specific themes. Here’s how to make the most of them:
- Niche-Relevant Boards: Create boards that resonate with your target audience’s interests and align with your brand. For example, if you sell fitness apparel, create boards about workout routines, healthy recipes, and fitness motivation.
- High-Quality Imagery: Pinterest is a visual platform. Use high-quality images and graphics that captivate users and encourage them to engage with your content.
- Add High-Quality Pins From Others: When you start a board make sure to add up to 10 high-quality pins from other creators. Try to visually build your board strong and then you can start consistently adding your own pins.
3. Share Valuable Content
To drive traffic and sales, you need to create and share valuable content that resonates with your audience. Then they can either click to see more or save those pins to their own boards which gives you even more visibility. As you can see on Pinterest you don’t just compete for your target audience. You also compete for your own competition. Your pins can be used by others that are creating relevant boards to your content. Then you can even get extra reach from your competition itself. Here are some basic pin ideas to begin with.
- Product Pins: Showcase your products using product pins. You can link your website or social channels to get traffic to your pages.
- How-to Pins: Create step-by-step tutorials and guides related to your products or services to demonstrate their value and usage. These pins can usually be added to other creators boards as how-to pins can be very relevant and problem solving.
- Inspiration Pins: Share pins that inspire and align with your brand, even if they’re not directly related to your products. This can help you connect with users on a personal level.
4. Engage with Your Audience
Engagement is key to building a loyal following on Pinterest:
- Respond to Comments: Engage with users by responding to comments on your pins and thanking them for their engagement.
- Collaborate: Collaborate with influencers and other businesses in your niche to expand your reach and credibility.
- Run Contests and Giveaways: Organize contests or giveaways to encourage user participation and increase your visibility.
5. Analyze and Adapt
To continually improve your Pinterest strategy:
- Use Pinterest Analytics: Take advantage of Pinterest’s analytics tools to track the performance of your pins and boards. Adjust your strategy based on what works best.
- Experiment with Promoted Pins: Consider using promoted pins to reach a wider audience and drive more targeted traffic to your website.
6. Idea Pins Are Underrated
Pinterest recently launched Idea Pins last year and the difference with them is that you can’t really do link building in those but you can really customize them and create unique posts which Pinterest usually gives much bigger reach than regular pins. So even if you may not be able to direct your audience with idea pins, you can gain a lot more visitors and followers. So try to use idea pins to gain followers and then use your regular pins to direct them to your platforms. This has been our golden strategy on Pinterest.
Pinterest is more than just a virtual pinboard. It’s a powerful tool for businesses to increase sales and drive traffic to their social media channels. By optimizing your profile, creating engaging boards, sharing valuable content, fostering engagement, and analyzing your results, you can unlock the full potential of Pinterest for your business. Start pinning strategically and watch your sales and social media presence soar. As BSM Creative Productions we are highly experienced in leveraging Pinterest for traffic and growth. Therefore feel free to contact us and get our full support for Pinterest and other social channels.